For a comment to be published I must be satisfied that:
1. It is legal;
2. It is polite;
3. It includes an argument that adds value to readers;
4. It appears factually accurate;
5. That the commentator is genuine;
6. It is not promoting an opinion usually associated with the far right political fringes (for these purposes the UK Independence Party and beyond within the UK domestic environment);
7. It is not posted by a person I consider to be usually associated with the far right of the political spectrum.
That’s his revised blog comment policy.
It is of course his blog, his property, and he can do as he wishes with it.
But it is indicative of a certain mindset, isn’t it?